Monday, June 20, 2011

Stairway to the Moon

First up, the moon on the west coast is AHHHHHH-mazing!! couple that with a natural phenomenon called "Stairway to the Moon" where a full moon rises over a (very) low tide and you get this ....
Alas, our camera did not have the proper capabilities to take our own photos so this is a google image. However it was so cool to watch a staircase leading to the moon appear, even just the huge moon rising was beautiful. It looked like a ball of lava erupting out of the sea.

We thought we had sufficiently worn out the kids with lots of park play, beach adventuring and a BBQ dinner but there was still alot of whining "that the moon should just hurry the frick up" as we waited on the newly constructed viewing platform.
There was silence though when the action started, well all except Scott who provides a 24/7 running commentary on life and every thought that pops into his head.
Linkin was frustrated that we ouldn't actually walk up the stairs to the moon and thought the whole thing was a rip off.
But Anthony and I managed a wee moment amongst the kid wrangling to squeeze each others hand and reflect on life.

We are going to check out a possible permanent house in a few days so fingers crossed it is ok. I can't wait for my own bed!!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya with Scott's running commentary on life. I am forever telling Billy that I really don't need to hear every thought that goes through his mind :)

    One of these days I'll get to see the stairway to the moon. It looks amazing. Off to add it to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and good luck for the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I was right there with you reading this and I could even hear Scott's commentary! Good luck with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete